Fluffy and tasty chicken floss can be easily made from scratch, by just using simple seasonings. Try this recipe and you will love it! 😊
500g of boiled chicken from your homemade clear chicken stock/soup (drained and shredded)
2 Tablespoons Oil
Seasoning for the shredded chicken :
4 Tablespoons light soy sauce.
3 Tablespoon fish sauce
6-7 Tablespoons white sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
- Add all the seasonings in the shredded chicken and combine well.
- Heat up the frying pan on medium low and add oil.
- Add the meat and dry fry the shredded chicken.
- Dry fry the shredded chicken constantly at the lowest heat to prevent burning it.
- Continue frying for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the meat is totally dry.
- You can adjust the taste with extra seasonings according to your preference.
- The chicken floss will gradually turn light brown to golden in colour and flossy.
- You can use your spatula to gently rub the shredded chicken to make it fluffier.
- Switch off the heat and transfer the chicken floss to a plate. Spread out evenly to cool down.
- Store it in an air tight container.
It is best to consume within 2 weeks if kept in room temperature. Alternatively, you can store the chicken floss in the fridge to keep it longer.