Easy 30 minutes mussels and clams recipe with creamy garlic chicken broth, complimented by crusty garlic bread!
Creamy Garlic Mussels and Clams with Crusty Garlic bread
400 -500g Frozen mussels/ fresh mussels (cleaned and de-beard)
400-500g Frozen clams/ fresh clams (cleaned)
4 – 6 slices of bread (Remove the brown edge around the bread)
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
100g butter (50g butter if not toasting garlic bread)
50g plain/ all purpose flour
500ml chicken stock
1 corn (cut into pieces)
Sea salt to taste
Creamy Garlic Mussels and Clams
- Melt butter over medium heat.Add in garlic to saute.
- Remove about 4-5 tbsp of garlic flavoured butter. Set aside for the garlic bread.
- Add in the flour and use a hand whisk (*very important equipment) to blend the garlic butter and flour into a paste.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock with the whisk.
- Stir in the cream till well combined but not boiling. Add in the corn to cook.
- Boil a pot of water with 1 tsp of salt.
- Add mussels and clams and scald in boiling salted water for about 1 minute. Strain the mussels and clams.
- Transfer mussels and clams into the creamy garlic chicken broth. Give it a stir and cover the pan leaving to cook for about 2 minutes. Season with sea salt.
- Transfer the mussels, clams and corn into a serving dish.
- Pour the creamy garlic chicken broth into the serving dish. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Crusty Garlic bread
- To make the garlic bread, spread the garlic butter prepared earlier onto the bread.
- Toast in the oven on grill mode/airfyer(180degrees) for about 10 minutes till light golden brown and crusty.
*Using a hand whisk to stir in the chicken stock and cream prevents the mixture to become lumpy.