These delicious donut pops are fun and easy to make with your kids. You can also choose to use store bought mini donuts to make these cute little sweet things.
They are a definitely a huge hit at Christmas parties delights for both kids and adults!
Christmas Wreath donut pops
- 1 Cup of Plain All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 140g Cup of low fat peach yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- Red and green gel colouring
- 18-20 thin straws/lollipop sticks/satay sticks
- 100g White Semi sweet chocolate/ Candy melts
- 250g green coloured semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts
- Grapeseed Oil/coconut oil/shortening
- Candy/Sprinkles decorations
- To make the mini donuts, preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Grease the mini donuts tin with oil.
- Combine well the wet ingredients – peach yoghurt, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl/ measuring cup with a spoon.
- Combine well the dry ingredients – flour, baking power and castor sugar in another bowl with a whisk.
- Form a well in the bowl of dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Use a spoon to stir in the wet ingredients till all are combined to a thick batter.
- Divide the batter into 3 portions
- Leave one portion for the original colour (optional).
- Dip a few drops of red gel colouring into the second portion and green colouring into the third portion and mix well.
- Fill each donuts mold with the original coloured batter into till 2/3 full (optional).
- Fill each donuts mold with the red coloured batter till 1/3 full.
- Continue to fill the red coloured batter with 1/3 of the green coloured batter till it is 2/3 full in total.
- Bake the mini donuts in the oven for 10-12 mins.
- Remove donuts from the oven and cool the donuts tin.
- Remove the donuts from the mold and cool completely on the cooling rack.
- To assemble the donut pops, melt the white semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Add a tsp at a time of grapeseed oil/coconut oil/shortening until the chocolate/candy melts is a good consistency for dipping.
- Dip the end of one stick into the melted white chocolate/candy melts, gently insert the stick into the bottom centre of the mini donut.
- Place the donut pop onto a baking try lined with baking paper and allow white chocolate to harden (5 minutes -10 minutes).
- Melt the green coloured semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Add a tsp at a time of grapeseed oil/coconut oil/shortening until the chocolate/candy melts is a good consistency for dipping.
- Holding the stick, lower the entire donut into the bowl of melted coloured chocolate, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess chocolate/candy melts to drain off for an even finish. Create some textures on the coated chocolate with a small spoon to resemble leaves.
- Add candy/ sprinkle decorations on top or around the chocolate coated donut pop.
- Gently insert the donut pop onto a thick styraform board to completely harden.
- Wrap a plastic over the donut pops and/or store in an air tight container.