These melt in your mouth truffles are fun to make and great Christmas parties delights for both kids and adults!
Orange Chocolate Truffles & Peanut Butter Caramel Truffles
1) Chocolate Truffles
75g thickened cream
100g dark semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
Rind of 1 orange
2 x 250g per Coloured semi-sweet chocolate/ candy melts
Grapeseed Oil/coconute oil/shortening
- To make the chocolate ganache filling, place the cream in a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- When cream reaches 75 C pour it over the dark chocolate to melt.
- Add the orange rind and stir to combine. Set aside to cool and place into a piping bag.
- Melt the coloured semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Add a tsp at a time of grapeseed oil/coconut oil/shortening until the chocolate/candy melts is a smooth consistency.
- Fill your mold with melted chocolate/candy melts and scrape off any excess.
- Tap it lightly on the table to remove any air bubbles.
- Leave it to sit for a moment, the longer you leave it, the thicker the outside chocolate will be.
- Turn the mold upside down. Tip out the excess chocolate, tapping on the back of the mold.
- Place the mold right side up and scrape off the excess with a palatte knife. Let the chocolate/candy melts coating set.
- Pipe some chocolate ganache and the centres of the chocolate/candy melts coating and cover with more coloured chocolate/candy melts.
- Scrape off the excess and leave to set. Tip the truffle out of the mold.
- Store into an air tight container.
2) Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Truffles
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp (50g) unsalted butter (cut up into small pieces, room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) whipped/cooking cream (room temperature)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 300g peanut butter
- 100g Reese peanut butter chips for cooking/peanut candy melts
- 250g White semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts
- 250g Coloured semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts
- Grapeseed Oil/coconut oil/shortening
- Candy decorations
- To make the peanut butter salted caramel filling, combine the sugar and water in a small pot over high heat.
- Stir gently to distribute the sugar evenly. Boil without stirring, until the sugar has turned light brown. Lower the heat immediately
- Meanwhile, melt the butter with the cream together in the microwave.
- When the melted sugar is light brown, slowly whisk in the warm butter cream mixture and continue simmering the mixture until it is smooth. (The mixture will splatter a little when the butter cream mixture is poured in)
- Add in sea salt and stir for another 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanut butter till it well combined.
- Add in the peanut butter chips/peanut candy melts. Stir till melted and well combined.
- Keep stirring until the mixture forms a paste.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Shape the cooled paste into balls or any shape you prefer. Refrigerate for 10 mins to firm up the shapes.
- In the meantime, melt the white and coloured semi-sweet chocolate/candy melts in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Add a tsp at a time of grapeseed oil/coconut oil/shortening until the chocolate/candy melts is a dipping consistency.
- Drop the shaped peanut butter filling into the melted white chocolate. Use a fork to lift up the coated filling and gently tap oreo over bowl and slide bottom edge to remove excess.
- Use a second fork to push the truffle out of the first fork onto the baking paper.
- Let the coating harden.
- Use a fork or pipe some coloured chocolate/candy melts on top of the harden white coating and sprinkle with decoration.
- Allow the chocolate/candy melts to harden and set completely.
- Use a knife to cut of any harden excess coating at the sides of the truffles.
- Lift the truffles from the baking paper and store into an air tight container.