Cooking this chicken stew dish will definitely make your home smelling so aromatic. You and your family will not only enjoy this comforting and nourishing hearty stew, but also tender, flavorful chicken, with subtle bursts of peppery and chilli heat!
Easy one pot garlic chicken stew
- 1kg chicken wings/ chicken parts (rinse and pat dry)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 15 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Hua Tiao Chiew (chinese cooking wine)
- 250ml/1 cup chicken stock
- 3 fresh red chilli padi/ 1 fresh big red chilli – depending on you preference on level of spiciness (chopped)
- 3-4 dashes of white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp potato starch/ cornstarch (mix with 2 tbsp of water)
- 1 sprig of coriander leaves ( remove leaves from stem)
- 1 fresh red chilli padi/ 1 fresh big red chilli – depending on you preference on level of spiciness (deseeded and diced finely)
- Dark sauce (optional)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a deep pan/pot.
- Add garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Pour in Hua Tiao Chiew and chicken stock. Increase to medium high heat and set to a boil.
- Add chicken and cover the pan/pot to with a lid. Lower heat to simmer the chicken stew for 35 mins.
- Add the chopped chilli and white pepper and continue to simmer with lid covered for another 15 mins or till chicken is tender. (Note: Adding the chilli and white pepper too early in the beginning will decrease the fresh spicy and peppery heat)
- Add salt a pinch at a time according to your taste preference.
- Increase heat and stir in the potato starch/cornstarch mixture to slightly thicken the stew.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and diced chilli.
- Serve with rice. Drizzle dark sauce over chicken and rice (optional).