If you do not have the mood for munching on meat, tofu is a good suitable substitute for protein. This easy tofu recipe is not only tasty, you only need 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
The soft silken tofu works nicely with the crunchy texture of the chilli shrimp and spring onions.
It is best served with rice. However, at times I will just enjoy the tofu dish on its own. I love the combination of its savory and spicy flavours with every mouthful of tofu.
Like me, you can choose to use microwave with a steam function to steam, instead of the electric or traditional steamer. Whichever way, it will still have similar results.
Easy 15 minutes steamed silken tofu with crispy chilli shrimp
1) 1 pack silken tofu (remove from package and drain excess liquid)
2) 1 tbsp crispy chilli shrimp (hae bee hiam)
3) 1 tbsp oyster sauce
4) 1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1) Place tofu on a plate.
2) Add crispy chilli shrimp and oyster sauce on top of tofu.
3) Steam tofu on high heat for 5 minutes or till cooked.
4) Remove tofu from steamer. Add spring onion and serve.